Debtors typically have numerous steps to take before filing for bankruptcy in Central Florida. The most important step is to find a qualified bankruptcy counsel and schedule a consultation. At the Law Office Luis F. Vega in Kissimmee we work with you to see if bankruptcy is an option for you.
People begin considering filing for bankruptcy when the financial pressure gets to be too much to endure. If you’re facing one of the following situations, bankruptcy will likely do an excellent job of providing a fresh start:
• Have a large amount of medical bills or credit card debt
• Can’t pay the minimum payment amount due on the credit accounts
• Don’t anticipate making money
• Want to prevent a vehicle repossession or home foreclosure
• Employer notification of wage garnishment
• Don’t want to tap into a retirement account to pay off bills
Next, you will need to gather several documents in order for us to prepare for your case.
Typical documents we will ask for are:
• Bank Statements for six months of all of your accounts
• Tax returns of the last three years
• Pay stubs
• The make and model of your car including the vin number
• Copies of creditors letters
• Medical bills you may have
Having these items ready for your first consultation would make it easier for the attorney at the Luis F. Vega office, to help you decide if bankruptcy is an option for you. It’s a good idea to write down any questions you might have and take the list with you to the meeting with the attorney. Here are a few questions to consider:
• What bankruptcy chapter should I file under?
• Will filing for bankruptcy wipe out all of my debt?
• Will I have a monthly payment plan?
• Who will prepare my petition?
• How much do you charge?
• What do your fees include?
• What are accepted forms of payments?
At the Law Office of Luis F. Vega, we will answer all of your questions in a friendly, helpful, and unhurried manner.
If you are currently submerged and either facing foreclosure or trying to sell your home in a short sale, talk with us before you decide on what to do. Even though you probably see bankruptcy as a last option, don’t wait too long to get help if you think you may need it. It is imperative to be informed about all debt relief options.
If you are in debt and are considering bankruptcy as an option to get out of debt, please contact us at our office by calling 407-837-4029 to schedule a free consultation in our office located in Osceola County. At the Law Office of Luis F. Vega, we represent debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies in Central Florida.